Learning from the Book of Mormon

 Recently Allen and I watched a movie about a man who was an alcoholic.  He had lost a wife and a son, and had one son living.  During one of his lowest moments, he thought he would be better off he were not living.  But, then he realized HE WANTED TO LIVE!  HE WANTED LIFE!

It reminded me of what I had just been reading in Alma 20.  King Limhi's father is angry with Limhi for not going to his big feast, but instead was traveling with a NEPHITE!  The father becomes angry and tries to strike Ammon, but is not able to do so.  

" 21Now when the king saw that Ammon could slay him, he began to plead with Ammon that he would spare his life....

" 23Now the king, fearing he should lose his life, said: If thou wilt spare me I will grant unto thee whatsoever thou wilt ask, even to half of the kingdom."

The king was willing to give up HALF HIS KINGDOM to a NEPHITE if Ammon would spare his life.  That is so significant and shows how precious LIFE is.

I'm so grateful for life and for the scriptures which remind me of precious truths over and over!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SO Glad I Did NOT Live in the Time of Moses

Alma 44

The War Chapters in the Book of Mormon