I find this so astonishing. In 3rd Nephi, the people are going to put the believers of Christ to death because he hasn't come in the time that was prophesied. That's insane. If it doesn't happen - which it did, luckily, why should the people even care?!?!?!?! They could just laugh and say, "See, we told you!" But, no they want to put the people TO DEATH. It amazes me about people and their craziness. Having said that, however, I will just say again, that I love the Book of Mormon. It brings me joy and I try to listen to it every day!
...is a challenge to read because there are so many wars, and then more wars. Brother against brother and son against father; bad guys against good guys, and on an on. As I listened today, I just kept wondering... WHERE ARE THE WOMEBN IN ALL OF THIS? WHY DON'T WE KNOW WHAT THE WOMN ARE SAYING AND THINKING? WHY AREN'T THE WOMEN GIVEN A VOICE TO SAY... STOP! STOP! STOP! I just can't quite believe that women would allow their fathers, brothers, sons, grandsons to continue to wage wars when no one wins. Everyone loses. I hope I remember to ask this question to St Peter when I get to the Pearly Gates.
(and I cannot write but a a little of my words, because of the b difficulty of engraving our words upon plates) and we know that the things which we write upon plates must remain I have often wondered about that; how the writers in the Book of Mormon could write such lengthy words because it would be so difficult to carve them in the plates. But, the irony of this sentence is that after Jacob wrote this, he went on to write a rather lengthy section on the allegory of the olive tree. Seems ironic that he would write so long just after telling how difficult it is, but before that allegory, he says this, which is so beautiful and profound: 2 But whatsoever things we write upon anything save it be upon a plates must perish and vanish away; but we can write a few words upon plates, which will give our children, and also our beloved brethren, a small degree of knowledge concerning us, or concerning their fathers— 3 Now in...
Comments
Post a Comment