Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon

 On Sunday, July 2, I was reading and listening to the Book of Mormon.  I'm in Helaman; lots of war chapters in there.  

The distinct feeling came over me, as it has in the past, there is NO WAY that Joseph Smith could have written this book.  It's so complicated; so many groups, so many places, so many people....he would have gotten confused.  I WAS SO CONFUSED.

So, how could one man sitting at a desk telling another man across the table come up with the stories; hundreds of pages of them.  No writer's block, no hesitation to try to figure stuff out...because he wasn't make things up; he was literally translating!  Not making anything up.

It was such a profound moment; and it has happened before, but I gained such a testimony of that MARVELOUS BOOK!  

I'm so very grateful for Joseph Smith, the Book of Mormon, and of course, the Saviour.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SO Glad I Did NOT Live in the Time of Moses

Alma 44

The War Chapters in the Book of Mormon